Exhibe Flix TERMS & CONDITIONS
- We will begin billing your Payment method for subscription fees at the end of the free trial period of your subscription unless you cancel prior to the end of the free trial period. To view the specific details of your trial or your subscription, visit our website and click the "Subscription" link under "ACCOUNT" available at the top of the pages of the EXHIBE FLIX website.
- You will not receive a notice from us that your free trial period has ended or that the paying portion of your subscription has begun. We will continue to bill your Payment method for your subscription fee until you cancel.
- Recurring Billing. By starting your EXHIBE FLIX subscription, you authorize us to charge you a monthly subscription fee at the then current rate, and any other charges you may incur in connection with your use of the EXHIBE FLIX service to your Payment method.
- Price Changes. We reserve the right to adjust pricing for our service or any components thereof in any manner and at any time as we may determine in our sole and absolute discretion. Except as otherwise expressly provided for in these Terms & Conditions, any price changes to your service will take effect following email notice to you.
- Billing Cycle. The subscription fee for our service will be billed at the beginning of the paying portion of your subscription unless and until you cancel your subscription. We automatically bill your Payment method monthly, on the calendar day corresponding to the commencement of your paying subscription. Subscription fees are fully earned upon payment. We reserve the right to change the timing of our billing, in particular, as indicated below, if your Payment method has not successfully settled. In the event your paying subscription began on a day not contained in a given month, we may bill your Payment method on a day in the applicable month or such other day as we deem appropriate. For example, if you started your EXHIBE FLIX monthly subscription or became a paying member on January 31st, your next payment date is likely to be February 28th, and your Payment method would be billed on that date. Your renewal date may change due to changes in your Subscription.
- No Refunds. PAYMENTS ARE NONREFUNDABLE AND THERE ARE NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS FOR PARTIALLY USED PERIODS. Following any cancellation, however, you will continue to have access to the service through the end of your current billing period.
- Payment Methods. You may change your payment method information by logging-in to your account and going to ACCOUNT menu and clicking on UPDATE BILLING INFO menu. Once there go to New Billing Method to add your new payment information. Then click on Submit Form. Your payment method will be updated. If you need assistance CONTACT US and within 24 hours we will guide you through the process. If a payment is not successfully settled, due to expiration, insufficient funds, or otherwise, and you do not edit your Payment method information or cancel your account, you remain responsible for any uncollected amounts and authorize us to continue billing the Payment method, as it may be updated. This may result in a change to your payment billing dates. For certain Payment methods, the issuer of your Payment method may charge you a foreign transaction fee or other charges. Check with your Payment method service provider for details.
Cancellation You may cancel your EXHIBE FLIX subscription at any time, and you will continue to have access to the EXHIBE FLIX service through the end of your billing period. WE DO NOT PROVIDE REFUNDS OR CREDITS FOR ANY PARTIAL SUBSCRIPTION PERIODS. To cancel plan go to subscription settings under Account Menu and click on the Cancel Plan red button under your current plan and confirm cancellation. If you are under a plan, the system will preserve any remaining time paid for if you cancel your subscription. If you need any support CONTACT US HERE and we will contact you within 24 hours. 2 Passwords & Account Access
- A User has access and control over the EXHIBE FLIX account. A user’s control is exercised through use of the user's password and therefore to maintain exclusive control, the user should not reveal the password to anyone. In addition, if the user wishes to prohibit others from contacting EXHIBE FLIX Customer Service and potentially altering the user’s control, the user should not reveal the Payment method details (e.g., last four digits of their credit or debit card) associated with their account. You are responsible for updating and maintaining the truth and accuracy of the information you provide to us relating to your account.
- BY SHARING THE EXHIBE FLIX SERVICE PASSWORD OR ALLOWING OTHERS TO ACCESS YOUR ACCOUNT, THE USER AGREES TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSURING THAT HOUSEHOLD SUBSCRIBERS COMPLY WITH THE TERMS & CONDITIONS AND SUCH USER SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS OF THE HOUSEHOLD SUBSCRIBERS.
- You should be mindful of any communication requesting that you submit credit card or other account information. Providing your information in response to these types of communications can result in identity theft. Always access your sensitive account information by going directly to the EXHIBE FLIX website and not through a hyperlink in an email or any other electronic communication, even if it looks official. EXHIBE FLIX reserves the right to place any account on hold anytime with or without notification to the member in order to protect itself and its partners from what it believes to be fraudulent activity. EXHIBE FLIX is not obligated to credit or discount a subscription for holds placed on the account by either a representative of EXHIBE FLIX or by the automated processes of EXHIBE FLIX .
How to Send a Notice of Copyright Infringement
In you are a copyright owner (or the owner’s authorized agent) and have a good-faith belief that material on our website infringes one of your copyrights, you may notify us using this procedure. In order for us to process your notice of copyright infringement, it must be sent to the agent designated below and must include the information specified below. When we receive a notice under this procedure, we will expeditiously remove or disable access to the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity. Send your notice of infringement to our designated agent for receiving such notices: Name of Agent Designated to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement: Exhibe Flix Business & Legal Affairs Full Address of Designated Agent to Which Notification Should be Sent to: Exhibe Flix 256 S Robertson Blvd, Suite#104, Beverly Hills, California 90211 Attn: Business & Legal Affairs - Copyright Compliance Email Address of Designated Agent: info@Exhibeflix.com DO NOT SEND ANY INQUIRIES UNRELATED TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT (e.g., REQUESTS FOR TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE OR CUSTOMER SERVICE, REPORTS OR E-MAIL ABUSE, etc.) TO THE CONTACT LISTED ABOVE. YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE IF SENT TO THAT CONTACT.) Your notice of infringement must be a written communication provided to the agent designated above that includes substantially the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. 2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works on our Site is covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works on our Site. 3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material. 4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted. 5. A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law. 6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.WE CAUTION YOU THAT IF YOU KNOWINGLY MISREPRESENT THAT ONLINE CONTENT IS INFRINGING, YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO HEAVY CIVIL PENALTIES. THESE INCLUDE MONETARY DAMAGES, COURT COSTS, AND ATTORNEYS FEES INCURRED BY US, BY ANY COPYRIGHT OWNER, OR BY ANY COPYRIGHT OWNER'S LICENSEE THAT IS INJURED AS A RESULT OF OUR RELYING UPON YOUR MISREPRESENTATION. YOU MAY ALSO BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION FOR PERJURY.
How to Send a Counter-notice
Repeat Infringer Policy
We have a policy of terminating the accounts of repeat infringers. A repeat infringer includes any user who has made two or more Postings for which we receive a notice of infringement under this Copyright Compliance Policy. Each user agrees that if his or her account is terminated pursuant to this Copyright Compliance Policy, the user will not attempt to establish a new account under any name, real or assumed, and further agrees that if the user violates this restriction by opening a new account after being terminated pursuant to this Copyright Compliance Policy, the user shall indemnify and hold us harmless for any and all liability that we may incur therefor. Sole Statement: This document is the sole statement of the Copyright Compliance Policy with respect to this Site, and no summary, restatement or other version thereof, or other statement or policy, in any form, including, without limitation, machine-generated, is valid. This Copyright Compliance Policy was last updated on January 1, 2018.